Monday, June 1, 2009

coming out of my cage, and i've been doing just fine

dear nick,
it has been a year exactly since we were best friends. i have never met a person quite like you. you were awkward like me in such a way that we were compatible. as always though, the hormones got in the way. i wish we could go back to the way we were. i really do. i want to laugh and listen to blink together. i want to listen to you make as many that's what she said jokes as possible and pretend to hate it, but secretly love it. i want you to talk to me like you used to, like you trusted me. like you cared. i want to be your equal, not your little sister. because that's what i became when we broke up. your little sister. i guess its better than not being anything to you. i don't want you back in the romantic way, not at all. i just miss my best friend. i held on to that part of you for so long. i waisted precious time trying to get you back, when i should have been trying to be your friend. so treat me as your equal. even though you may be a year older and wiser than me, that doesn't make you better than me. sure, we're friends. we hang out with the same group of people, but i feel like i dont really know you anymore. i want to change that.
love,
andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment